- Family :
- Origin :
- Hardiness Zone :
- Light requirement :
- Full sun
- Height at maturity :
- 5 m
- Spread at maturity :
- 5 m
- Crown shape :
- Semi-upright to open
- Roots :
- Has two types of roots: permanent roots, thick and spreading, forming a horizontal layer less than 50 cm from the surface, from which many vertical roots start which descend to the impermeable layer or to the water table.
- Fertility :
- Self-sterile : It is necessary to plant another variety of apple tree nearby for fruit production.
- Spacing requirement from power lines :
- Growth rate :
- Common problems (disease, fungus, insects) :
- Medium resistance to mildew and fire blight. Good resistance to scab.
- Special comments :
- Honeycrisp is the result of a cross made at the University of Minnesota, USA Install a rodent guard in the fall; Water well at the plantation and regularly when drought in the first years.
Alternate, petiolate, ovoid, dentate, felted on the underside;
Green in summer, then yellow-brown in autumn.
The inflorescences are cymes-like and have 4-6 flowers, white to dark pink;
Each flower usually has 5 petals and measures ± 3-4 cm.
Red and large fruit;
Exceptional honey flavor
Crispy and juicy
Harvest at the end of September