GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS 2023
EXCHANGE AND CANCELLATION, REFUND AND WARRANTY ACTIVATION POLICY
- Trees are living entities, each of which is different from the other. The images presented on the website are therefore for information purposes only to allow you to visualize their characteristics at maturity. It is therefore possible that your tree does not correspond exactly to the images at the time of delivery.
- We do our utmost to ensure that our stock is sufficient and adequate, however, since trees are living beings, we may not be able to fulfill your order. In this case that the tree does not meet your standard, buyers will receive a full refund.
- Orders will be honored on the specific dates indicated on the site.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Contact the Regroupement des éco-quartiers
Telephone : 514 507-5401 poste 104
Email : email@example.com
- General conditions of eligibility for A Tree for my Neighbourhood
- Delivery and/or planting policy
- Exchange and cancellation policy
- Refund Policy
- Warranty Activation Policy
1. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY FOR A TREE FOR MY NEIGHBOURHOOD
1.1 Purchase conditions
The purchaser agrees to :
- Be the owner of a single-family or multi-family residence or be a manager duly authorized by the syndicate of divided or undivided co-owners of a building or be a tenant duly authorized by the owner of a single-family or multi-family residence located on the territory of the agglomeration of Montreal or located on the territory of the Town of Pincourt;
- Ensure that the tree will not be planted on the City’s right-of-way
- Respect the required spacing near infrastructures (e.g. fence, power line, house wall, etc.). Please refer to the species sheet that can be downloaded from our website or here;
- That the tree(s) purchased as part of this campaign are not used to meet an obligation to replace a felled tree;
- Verify the location of underground infrastructure:
- By inquiring about private networks passing under your property;
- Contact Info-excavation (free service) to find out where to plant your tree without damaging the underground networks at 1 800 ON-EXCAVE (1 800 663-9228) or at https://www.info-ex.com/demande/demande-de-localisation/. This service locates all underground utilities of member companies (electricity, telephone, natural gas, cable and other).
- Accept the verification rounds to ensure the health of the tree.
1.2 Planting and Maintenance
The buyer agrees to :
- Plant the tree at the planting address, located within the territory of the agglomeration of Montreal or within the territory of the Town of Pincourt, indicated when ordering the tree;
- Plant the tree in the ground within a maximum of 2 weeks after taking possession of it;
- Follow the planting instructions that accompany the product purchased, also available in the Planting Instructions section of the unarbrepourmonquartier.org website;
- Water your tree properly (even when it is in a pot);
- Respect the required spacing near infrastructures (e.g.: fence, power line, house wall, etc.). Refer to the species sheet available for download on our website or at: https://arbres.hydroquebec.com/recherche-arbres-arbustes.
1.3 Recovery of the tree
The buyer agrees to :
- In the case he does not use the delivery service:
- Take possession of the tree at the location and on the date indicated by the selling organization (as well as in the Retrieve your tree section of the website www. unarbrepourmonquartier.org) ;
- The organization responsible for delivering your tree agrees to hold the tree for three business days. After this period, the tree will become the property of the organization and will not be reimbursed;
- If there is the delivery services :
- Plant the tree as soon as possible, within 2 weeks of delivery;
- In the case he does not use the delivery service:
- Authorize a visual verification of the tree planting on his property, if the tree is not visible from the public space (e.g.: at the back of the building);
- Waive the right to sue the Regroupement des éco-quartiers and Soverdi for the product purchased;
- Assign the carbon credits associated with the value of each tree planted to Soverdi (to the Urban Forest Action Plan or the Climate Plan).
1.4 Use of personal data
When purchasing one or more trees on the A Tree for My Neighborhood campaign website, the buyer agrees to allow the REQ and/or Soverdi to use the GPS coordinates associated with the address where the tree(s) were planted to create a map of the Montreal urban canopy. This map and the data that it contains could be made public in order to illustrate the diversity of Montreal’s urban canopy.
Only data related to the GPS point of the planting address, as well as the species of tree(s) purchased will be used.
2. DELIVERY AND/OR PLANTING POLICY
Delivery and planting services are offered in certain areas only. These services are offered by the eco-neighborhoods in the territory they serve or by the municipalities of the territories concerned. These organizations are responsible for the services offered. The Regroupement des éco-quartiers and Soverdi are not responsible for any breakage or damage that may occur during delivery/planting at the purchaser’s home.
3. EXCHANGE AND CANCELLATION POLICY
It is possible to exchange a tree (or trees) purchased during the annual Trees in My Neighborhood campaigns. The campaigns are staggered in time as follows:
The Spring 2023 campaign begins on April xx and ends on May xx, 2023. The deadline to exchange a tree purchased during the Spring Campaign is 4:00 p.m. on May xx, 2023. After that date, no exchanges will be conducted.
The Fall 2023 campaign begins on August xx and ends on September xx, 2023. The deadline to exchange a tree purchased during the fall campaign is 4:00 p.m. on September xx, 2023. After this date, no exchanges will be made.
The exchange will be for a tree sold at the same price (ex: a regular tree cannot be exchanged for a fruit tree). Exchanges can only be made for trees of the same category that are available at the time of the exchange request, as stock availability varies during the campaign.
To make an exchange, contact the Regroupement des éco-quartiers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 514 507-5401 ext. 104.
4. REFUND POLICY
It is possible to request a refund for a tree or trees purchased during the annual A Tree for My Neighbourhood campaigns. The campaigns are staggered in time as follows:
The Spring 2023 campaign begins on April xx and ends on May xx, 2023. The deadline to request a refund for a tree purchased during the Spring Campaign is 4:00 p.m. on May xx, 2023. After that date, no refunds will be issued.
The Fall 2023 campaign begins on August xx and ends on September xx, 2023. The deadline to request a refund for a tree purchased during the fall campaign is September xx, 2023 at 4:00 pm. After this date, no refunds will be issued.
Refunds will be issued to the credit card used, online, for the original purchase.
To request a refund, contact the Regroupement des éco-quartiers by email at email@example.com or by phone at 514-507-5401 ext. 104.
5. WARRANTY ACTIVATION POLICY
The survival of a tree purchased through the A Tree for my Neighbourhood campaign is covered for one year (365 days), on the condition that it has been planted and properly maintained (installation of a stake, tree guard, etc.), as soon as the buyer takes possession of it. Thus, trees that have died as a result of rodent attacks, snow removal, or any other cause related to a lack of protection on the part of the buyer are not guaranteed by the campaign.
The activation of the guarantee will result in the replacement of the tree purchased. If the species of the tree is no longer available, an alternative species in the same category will be offered.
The activation of the warranty does not lead to a refund of the deceased tree, only to a replacement of the purchased tree.
The warranty covers only the tree and not the services that were associated with it. Therefore, delivery and planting services are not included in the replacement.
For the spring campaign, accepted warranty activation requests will be honored in the spring if completed by May xx, 2023. After that time, trees will be distributed in the fall campaign 2023.
For the fall campaign, guarantee activation requests will be fulfilled in the fall campaign, provided they have been completed and accepted by September xx, 2023, after which time the trees will be distributed in the spring campaign of 2024.
The warranty activation request is done as follows:
The buyer must fill out the form sent to this effect by the Regroupement des éco-quartiers. After studying the form and the attached photos, the Regroupement will respond to the buyer. If the answer is positive, the tree will be distributed according to the dates mentioned above.
If you wish to benefit from this guarantee, contact the Regroupement des éco-quartiers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 514-507-5401 ext. 104.
The organizers of the A tree for my neighborhood campaign have adopted a confidentiality policy. You will find there the processing of personal information provided by buyers when using this website. You can read it here.